Volunteer opportunities for HUGs from Cara
A volunteer’s job is both rewarding and demanding. It offers opportunities for personal growth and service to the community. The following set forth is what we expect of our volunteers, and what our volunteers can expect from HUGs.
- Must thoroughly understand and support HUGs’ Mission Statement
- Must be reliable
- Must work well with others
- Must respect the privacy of bereaved participating in HUGs groups/programs
- Provide support to guide volunteers in any difficult situation that may come up
- Provide the tools that will allow & assist a volunteer to do their job in a productive way
The following are a few examples of what volunteer needs HUGs has at this time. As we grow, so will our needs!
- Committee Participation: Fundraising, Event Planning, Special Projects
- Clerical Tasks: Mailings, Data Base work, Errands, Newsletter/Website research/articles
- Housekeeping: Light cleaning of meeting rooms, offices, waiting areas and restrooms.
A committee has been formed for promoting HUGs in the community. We ask that if you should know a grieving individual or family, please, share that information via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org We have a protocol in place that takes into consideration the compassion and understanding that we feel our first contact requires.
We look forward to working with you!!